Monolith - Visual Art Repository
Spectacle, Inc. is an art non-profit organization with the mission to create a monumental legacy.
We are building Monolith™, the largest single-block, permanent public sculpture, to be created by artist Dario Santacroce. Using the scientific rigor of contemporary material science, we have developed a formula to produce a unique ultra-resistant stone material, capable of withstanding the harshest atmospheric conditions and resisting erosion for millions of years.
Monolith™ will be a snapshot of our epoch, and will contain Nucleus™ - the vessel designed to carry humanity’s most important legacy through the ages.
This notice is a call for the inclusion of visual art within the Monolith Visual Art Repository. Specifically, the Repository will reside within the walls of Nucleus™ at the core of Monolith™.
The Monolith Visual Art Repository will digitally store the work and biographical information of contemporary visual artists. The purpose of the Monolith Visual Art Repository is to provide the artistic context of the epoch in which Monolith™ has been created. Serving as our epoch’s artistic pulse, frozen beyond time, transcending the ages, the Monolith Visual Art Repository will allow contemporary artists to reach future generations.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to write the future of art history by storing clear and accurate information of our epoch’s contemporary art and artists. We welcome submissions from all visual contemporary artists.
1. 200 words bio/artist statement;
2. 1-3 images, each image 2Mb max: jpg, jpeg, png or tiff
3. Donation: $20 per image
Spectacle, Inc. is a California 501(c) art non-profit organization. Inclusion in the Monolith Visual Art Repository will be possible via a donation which will serve for construction purposes of Monolith™. Each entry is eligible for a maximum of 3 images. A donation of $20 per image is required.
1. Prepare your 200 word bio/artist statement
2. Prepare 1-3 images of your work, in either jpg, jpeg, png or tiff format, 2Mb maximum file size per image
3. Title each image as this example: name_surname_titleofwork
4. Complete the entry form and transfer your entry donation at:
5. Send an email to:
Subject line: First and Last name
Body: your 200 word bio/artist statement
Attachment: your image(s)
6. Spectacle Inc. will confirm your inclusion in the Monolith™ Visual Art Repository via email as submissions are reviewed.
7. If there is any trouble submitting an entry, please contact: